Publisher Team 17 and the development studio Mothership Entertainment have released the third content update for the PC version of the science fiction build simulation “Aven Colony”. Included are a new perk system, three more challenge missions, three additional sandbox cards, and more.
Content Drop 3 – Aven Colony
- New Governor Perks system! Select 1 of 15 perks when starting any new mission (see below for a full list).
- New Challenge Missions: Boreal Bay, Bluestone Falls, and Icebound Isle. These are very challenging missions designed for experienced players, but can be played at the same time.
- New sandbox maps: Boreal Bay, Bluestone Falls, and Icebound Isle are now available as sandbox maps.
- Landing sites: all sandbox maps now have alternate “A” and “B” start locations (“A” is the previous location, and “B” is the new one)
- Revised sandbox setup: completely overhauled the sandbox setup UI to better display all possible options, and added a few more sandbox setup options
- Revised difficulty setup: changed campaign mission difficulty to a list instead of a drop-down. Thus, what are the options are impacted (note that unlike sandbox)?
- New building: Water Treatment Plant! The Water Treatment Plant recovers to the total amount of water. Note that each residential building can only be served by 1 Water Treatment Plant.
- New indicator: battery power! This indicator only appears at the bottom of the screen if your colony has Energy Batteries. It also doubles as a button and can be used on battery mode on or off.
- New overlays: Health, Turret Coverage, Lightning Tower Coverage.