Funcom has now unveiled the tactical adventure game “Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden,” which will be released this year.
Funcom (“Conan Exiles”) announced today the tactical adventure game “Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden”, which will be released in 2018 for the PC, the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. Tactical adventure game means developers combine XCOM’s turn-based fight with story, exploration, stealth and strategy.
It commands a team of mutants on a post-human Earth. It states: “A team that includes former Hitman designers and one of the creators of Payday will be showcasing Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, a tactical adventure game that features XCOM’s turn-based combat with real-time stealth and exploration combined in a post-human world that was recaptured by nature … and by mutants. ”
Maybe one day you will find the legendary Eden, the Refuge of the Ancients in the center of hell. The truth is waiting there – at least the stories say. Maybe you will find answers there. ”
Features of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
- TACTICAL FIGHT: Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is the ultimate game for tacticians and strategists. Immerse yourself in a multi-layered turn-based tactical combat system inspired by XCOM games.
- EXPLORE POST-HUMANE EARTH: Journey through a post-humane world of deserted cities, crumbling highways, and overgrown landscapes. Stay up-to-date on the Ark, a neon-lit oasis of bad reputation and questionable characters, to replenish your supplies and plan your next adventure.
- COMMON TEAM OF MUTANTS: A duck with an attitude problem and a boar with aggression – typical heroes look different. Get to know Dux, Bormin, Selma, and many other characters, all of whom have a unique personality and a crazy view of the world and their own situation.
- MASTER THE STEALTH APPROACH: Sneak through the shadows to avoid conflict or attack unsuspecting enemies. Real-time stealth gives you full control: You invade an enemy camp, tactically position the mutant team, and take advantage of the moment of surprise.
- UNLOCK MUTATIONS: Unlock new mutations and abilities for your mutants – such as Selma’s Stoneskin, Bormin’s Charge, and Dux’s sinister ability to sneak into a camp of enemies unnoticed, even though he has a 1.30-size, talking duck on two Legs with a crossbow is.
- DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS: Use the environment to your advantage. Avoid headlight cones and line of sight, or blow up completely destructible walls and buildings and make for total chaos.
- LOOT, LOYAL EVERYWHERE: Make sure your mutants are properly equipped for the dangers ahead – from makeshift slings to high-powered rifles, from the cylinder to the bullet-proof police vest. In the post-human world, it is normal for a mutant boar with a spiked metal armor and a blunderbuss in your hand to rush at you.