The PlayStation Messages and PlayStation Communities smartphone apps have received further updates. So you can now use some new functions.
Meanwhile, Sony Interactive Entertainment has offered new software patches to the two Smartphone Apps PlayStation Messages and PlayStation Communities, adding some new features. With the Communities app you can now also change the pictures and background of the community, accept the membership requests, or even the descriptions and news of the day.
Furthermore the users with the Messages app have the possibility to share texts and pictures of other apps and send them to friends. In addition, the color of the text to be added to the images can be changed. The remaining changes can be found in the official patchnotes:
IOS version 17.07.14 / Android version 17.07.13
The owner and moderator now have the following options in the [Manage] menu of a community:
- Change community image and background.
- Edit the community message of the day and description.
- To accept membership requests.
- Change community language and time zone.
IOS version 17.07.21 / Android version varies depending on the device
- You can now share text and images from other apps in this app and send them to your friends.
- You can now change the color of the text that can be added to images.
- The context menu now contains the [Create message] and [Message settings] options. Press the app icon to display the context menu. (IOS 9 or higher)
- The stability in using some functions has been improved.