The switch version of “Rime” will look much better next week as a major update is released.
The switch version of “Rime” is technically a bit sobering, but that should change on 19 February 2018, because then the update 1.0.2 will appear, which should significantly improve the graphics. Apart from the fact that the optics are chic, also the framerate is optimized. In any case, the comparison pictures promise a noticeable difference.
Rime Switch 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
- Sharpened image resolution
- Opening Cinematics visually improved
- Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
- Increased texture quality in specific areas
- Increased view distance
- Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
- Updated texture mipmaps for the fox
- Improved global mipmaps
- Improved shadow distance and quality
- Fixed instances of foliage pops
- Stabilized FPS
- Optimized the boys cape and hair physics
- Rebuilt streaming volumes
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages.
- Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
- Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly.