SEGA announced “Shenmue I & II” for the PC, the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 at the SEGA Fes 2018. The release will be done this year and there will also be a physical release on the two consoles (in addition to the download). On board, of course, are the two classics.
A first trailer has also been released.
It said, “Shenmue I & II were originally released for Dreamcast in 2000 and 2001, respectively, in an open-minded action adventure game that masterfully combines jiu-jitsu fights, investigative investigations, role-play elements, and great mini-games, for the first time ever of modern gaming, including city exploration in an open world – this series also introduced the Quick-Time Event (QTE), not to mention one of the first open-air games where day turned into night, the weather changing, opening and closing stores, and running NPCs on their own schedule, Shenmue’s rousing epic history and vibrant world earned a generation of enthusiastic fans a permanent place on lists of “Best Games Ever “.
- Take on the role of Ryo Hazuki.
- Explore an open world in 3D, search for clues, examine items, and talk to NPCs.
- Use your Jiu-Jitsu in Hazuki style against opponents and bosses.
- Complete quick-time events and mini-games.
The best Shenmue experience
- Groundbreaking Dreamcast Classic for the first time on PC
- Improved user interface
- A choice between modern or classic control
- Japanese voice for the first time available to international audiences
- Fully customizable screen resolution
An epic legend
- A story of revenge on a huge stage
- Solve the mystery surrounding the murder of your father
- An experience you will never forget
The world feels alive
- Talk to everyone and search the world for clues
- NPCs lead independent lives with their own schedules
- Careful replicas of Japan and Hong Kong of the 1980s
- Take a break and play arcade games, collect collectables, visit duck races and more