Firaxis Games has released the spring update for Civilization 6: Rise and Fall, which is only 55 MB in size. Among other things, the loyalty system is adjusted and 12 new historical moments are integrated for the advanced gameplay. Otherwise, there are bug fixes, balance changes and much more on the program. The changelog and the video have the information.
Joint Wars/Third Party War Update
- Players can now ask other players or AI to join wars they are already in.
- Trade screen allows Casus Belli to be chosen when declaring a Joint War.
- Joint War now requires one party to have denounced the enemy for 5 turns.
- Leader screen makes it clear that war declaration is part of a joint war.
Adding 12 new Historic Moments, focused on mid to late game
- First Shipwreck Excavated (+2 Era score)
- World’s First Shipwreck Excavated (+3 Era score)
- First Aerodrome Fully Developed with all buildings (+3 Era score)
- First Encampment Fully Developed with all buildings (+3 Era score)
- First Entertainment Complex Fully Developed with all buildings (+3 Era score)
- First Water Park Fully Developed with all buildings (+3 Era score)
- First City with 25 Population (+1 Era score)
- World’s First City with 25 Population (+2 Era score)
- First Seaside Resort (+2 Era score)
- World’s First Seaside Resort (+3 Era score)
- National Park Founded (+3 Era score)
- World’s First National Park Founded (+4 Era score)
Game Summary Screen
- Added 3 new graphs for Rising and Fall games; Era Score, Total Governors, and Total Governor Titles.
- Pingala’s Librarian ability now provides +15% Science and Culture in the city (was +20%).
- Governor Magnus Groundbreaker ability reduced from +100% to +50%.
Government Balance Pass – Rise & Fall
- Communism: Bonus Production per population from .4 to .6. Overall Production bonus from 10% to 15%.
- Democracy: Production per district from 2 to 1.
- Fascism: Combat Strength from 4 to 5. Bonus unit production from 20% to 50%.
Government Balance Pass – Base Game
- Fascism: Combat Strength from 4 to 5.
- Military Research gives +2 Science from Military Academies, Seaports, and Renaissance Walls (was +1 and did not include Renaissance Walls).
- Public Transport gives 100 Gold per Appeal when replacing a Farm with a Neighborhood (was 50).
- E-commerce gives +2 Production and +5 Gold for all your Trade Routes (was +5 and +10 but only for international Trade Routes).
- Victoria’s Pax Britannica ability now additionally awards a free melee class unit when constructing a Royal Navy Dockyard in a city founded on a foreign continent.
- Lautaro’s unique ability Swift Hawk has been updated to have an additional effect: Pillaging an enemy city plot now causes that city to lose 5 loyalty
- Rebalancing Seondeok’s Hwarang ability. Governors established in a city provide +3% Culture and Science for each Promotion they have earned, including their first (was +10% Culture and Science for any Governor regardless of Promotions).
- Norwegian Berserker – Production cost reduced from 180 to 160. Combat Strength buff when attacking increased from +7 to +10. Combat Strength de-buff when defending reduced from -7 to -5.
- Japanese Samurai – Production cost reduced from 180 to 160. Combat Strength increased from 45 to 48.
- Georgian Khevsur – Production cost reduced from 180 to 160. Combat Strength increased from 40 to 45.
- Made it so when somebody wins the game in the Information Era, it reset all players to be in a Normal Age and take away all Dedication bonuses. This puts everyone on a level playing field for “One More Turn” mode. (If somebody wins in an earlier era, continue the progression of eras and Ages as normal.)
- Rebalancing Era Score of historic moments related to late game city projects:
- Manhattan Project and Operation Ivy now worth 2 (was 1)
- Satellite launch, a Moon landing, and first Mars component are now worth 4 if world first and 2 otherwise (was 1 in both cases)
- Monasticism dark policy now provides +75% Science in cities with Holy Sites (was +100%).
- Made Turtles Luxury Resource more common.
- Religion can now affect the Loyalty of a city. For players who founded a religion, cities get +3 Loyalty for following that religion, but -3 Loyalty per turn if following another player’s religion.
- Updated Foreign Ministry (Government building): Unit combat bonus now applies to City-State units even when they are not levied.
- The number of envoys received from Liberating City-States is boosted as you progress through the game.
- Commandos’ Melee unit promotion now grants +1 movement
- Governors and Governor Promotions now use ‘Promotion Sets’ which allows more than one governor type to be associated with a promotion and vice versa
- Only show the “Capital Lost” when a player loses their original capital city (was also showing when a player lost their new capital city that also happened to be the original capital city of a different player).
- Fixed for Priority Target highlighting invalid hexes.
- Districts that cannot be repaired because the player is missing their pre-requisite Tech or Civic (ex. in a conquered city) will now say this in the city production UI.
- For Great People that activate over luxury resources, a tile with a district belonging to another player is no longer treated as a valid activation tile (and it will not end up highlighted)
- Frederick Barbarossa’s UA no longer gives a combat bonus against Free Cities.
- Liberating a city will now make that city immune against your Loyalty pressure, as was the design intent.
- Correctly display when a Wonder needs an adjacent district. Clarified that the adjacent district requirement also must be a district owned by this city.
- Fixed the combined arms boost by changing it to be “Have 3 Armies or Armadas.”
- Fixed Victoria’s Pax Britannica ability in the base game.
- Enforced that cities cannot be founded on tiles with districts. It was possible before with the relaxed minimum city distance present in island situations.
- Fixed an edge case where the historic moments for creating a Trading Post in another civ could be repeated and exploited
- Made it so Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi only heals land units.
- Fixed Bugs related to expelling units out of a City’s or Civilization’s borders when applicable. Units should no longer be expelled from a Free City when it flips due to Loyalty unless the city flips to a major civ and rules require it.
- Fixed an issue with not counting armadas and Fleets for the Triple Seven achievement.
- Ensure proper display of National Parks after a save is loaded.
- Don’t show Paradrop unit action if a unit cannot move.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Hetairoi Great General bonus from being applied when in the same hex as a general.
- Fixed a bug preventing the Persian Immortal from using melee as its default attack.
- Fixed a bug where Renaissance walls and Georgian unique walls were not being affected by the Limes Policy.
- Addressed audio issues with large and mod-expanded map sizes
- Corrected the bonus text for the Zoning Commissioner Governor promotion (it said 30% but it is actually 20 %.)
- Updated Rise and Fall Agenda descriptions to include what that leader dislikes.
- Clarified Kilwa’s description to show that it increases the type bonus from city-states instead of the yield.
- Removed a redundant font icon in the name of a city-state quest.
- Updated Civilopedia text for Anarchy, since Anarchy does not affect Era Score.
- Clarified text for Georgia’s Unique Ability.
- Clarified text for first sea/air unit Historic Moments.
- Added information to technology descriptions about what resources are unlocked for harvesting (some were missing).
- The document that Patron Saint Governor Promotion also helps Warrior Monks.
- Removed “doubling” and “tripling” in a description of effects for tourism. Use +100% or +200% instead.
- Added Housing info to Polder description
- Fixed the Fascism combat bonus description being incorrect in a base game.
- Updated wording for Religious Alliance to indicate that it refers to cities dominated by the player’s religion.
- Changed some text that was incorrectly referring to “Identity” instead of “Loyalty.”
- Reduced the amount of snow on the Arena building so that it doesn’t blow out as much at night.
- Don’t play Paradrop animation if the destination file is not visible to the current observer.
- AI respects and uses new rules for joint wars and third-party wars
- AI evaluates joint and third-party wars based on the chosen casus belli and apply casus belli to its own offers
- In trading cities, AI considers resources and great works it will gain or lose in the deal
- As part of a city attack, will not pillage a separate city’s districts
- AI will prioritize a city over units if it can capture or nearly capture the city
- Fixed issues with AI strategies, including yield priorities and era strategies (as reported on community forums, thanks!).
- Fixed government bonus analysis problem. AI will no longer focus entirely on the monarchy.
- Fixed issues regarding embarking units near enemy warships, evaluation now takes proper account of that.
- AI can modify a deal with just gold when asked what would you give.
- Germany (or anyone favoring minor civ war) won’t care about their relationship to a minor civ suzerain unless it’s them.
- Give Greece and Pericles some preferences for culture and envoys.
- Fix round off problem that was giving low threat values in duel maps (or with only 2 Civs left).
- Free cities units that are not involved in attacking other units will stay within their own territory.
- Improved city defense unit management.
- Auto End Turn is now disabled for the remainder of a player’s turn if they unready their turn.
- Fixed multiplayer stall related to players disconnecting while the host was loading into a game.
- Fixed zombie connection issue that was preventing some players from joining multiplayer games after a previous join.
- Players should not be able to unready their turns after their turn timer elapses.
- Dead civilizations are no longer selectable after loading a save in multiplayer.
- Multiplayer quick saves now go in the proper save folder for the current game mode.
- Fixed default multiplayer handicap for the third player in the Jadwiga’s Legacy scenario.
- changes to the way Governor Title notifications are handled.
- The Governor Title notifications turn blocking no longer requires players to use the Governor Title to be dismissed.
- Appoint Governor Notification will not appear if the player does not yet have a city to assign one.
- Updated the window style of the Dedication screen and Era Rollover screen, emphasizing Era / Age types.
- Added food needed for population growth in City Details Panel.
- Made sure we only show the Emergency row and tab if there are emergencies involving both the selected player and the local player.
- Fixed an issue where players could have duplicate city names, all names have to be unique now.
- Espionage mission history for failed missions will now show loot information if provided in the mission info
- Tech Tree – Ensure we update the live data for a tech when it’s boosted.