The new update 2.1.0 is now available for “Tetris 99”, as Nintendo announced. The version change is characterized by the new Team Battle Mode.
In the new mode, players choose one of four teams and fight to be the last squad. However, Update 2.1.0 adds even more, such as new button configuration options, user emblems, and the ability to purchase topics from past “Maximus Cup” events.
News at a glance
- In Team Combat Mode, players decide which team to join at the beginning of each game. Since some teams can be significantly larger than others, the attack power of smaller groups is higher when attacked. This gives each TETRIS 99 lot a special surprise element.
- The further the game progresses, the more players are eliminated. The winner is the team, from whose ranks the last remaining puzzle fan comes. With him wins the entire team.
- If you drop out during the game, you switch to spectator mode and can cheer on the remaining members of your group. You should try to stay in the game as long as possible until your own team reaches a rank and thus has gained experience points – or event points, if a TETRIS 99 Grand Prix is played in Team Combat Mode – for all.
- In addition, the update includes additional features: TETRIS 99 fans now have more advanced button-based options, they can use new emblems, and redeem 30 in-game tickets for rare designs that were won at previous online events.
- As a result, designs are now available inspired by games and games series such as the classic TETRIS, first released for the Game Boy, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Super Kirby Clash.
- The new TETRIS 99 Grand Prix 10 is a great addition to the possibilities of team combat mode: all participants can earn event points that result from placing their own team.
- In the end, the 999 best players each receive 999 gold points, which they can redeem on the Nintendo eShop against games for Nintendo Switch. Exciting fights await all participants from December 13 at 08:00 to December 17 at 07:59. All players with a membership on Nintendo Switch Online can participate.
#Tetris99 adds Team Battle Mode with the Ver 2.1.0 update, available now! Choose one of 4 teams & compete to be the last squad standing! Also in this update are new button config options, user emblems, & an option to redeem 4 themes from past MAXIMUS CUP events. @Tetris_Official pic.twitter.com/azNifSZS44
— Nintendo Versus (@NintendoVS) December 11, 2019