Treyarch has revealed the plans for the Zombie Mode Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. It states: “Black Ops 4: Zombies is the largest and most ambitious zombie game we’ve ever developed, with five unique experiences that are available just two months after the game’s launch, with Dead of the Night now released worldwide.
We’re working to develop the next set of features and content planned for the coming months, in addition to upcoming gameplay enhancements, bug fixes and Quality of Life updates. ”
Zombies plans in the overview
- Host Migration: “The Host Player Disconnects.” Zombies experience and host migration want to help everyone. This wants to be a priority for the team after our 1.12 update goes live.
- Server Break: For the first time in Call of Duty Zombies, we’re planning on pausing the game at the server level during online matches! Zombies sessions can become a reality.
- Splitscreen Pause: While adding the ability to pause online matches is a priority, so we’ll add support for pause split-screen matches in an update shortly afterwards.
- More Gauntlets: Gauntlets throughout the year, beginning with “Unsinkable” in Voyage of Despair and continuing with the next Gauntlet in our 1.12 update.
- Expanded Stat Support for Black Ops Authenticity Stamp: The second phase of the Black Ops Authentication Stamp wants to deliver even more player stats to track at the BOAS web site, allowing players to show off their zombies in more ways than ever before.
- Faction Callings: This is the big one. Faction Callings, or “Factions,” is planned to be released later in 2019, and as a result of this, will require the most time to complete the engineering, scripting, implementation, and testing needed before going live in the game. Faction Callings are designed to feature a full season of 12 unique challenge events across all Zombies maps and game modes that reward players with never-before-seen character customization loot. Completing each event will culminate in fact-based narrative reveals that flesh out the zombie’s universe even further.